Poll

Should the Waverley Street Skip be closed?

Yes
No
Don't know
I would be willing to pay to dump
It should be available every two weeks

Author Topic: Waverley Street Skip  (Read 8027 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Waverley Street Skip
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »
If the below news cutting is to be believed then the City Council have abandoned their plans to cut the skip service. Very good result, it shows that there are signs that the Worcester City Cllrs. do have some common sense.

Well done to Francis Lankester for his leaflet campaign and all those who voted on Diglis.com.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
Yep, but as Francis points out this may be just a reprieve? It's what the council don't say that's important  :-X I think we should still go ahead with our petition to confirm our opposition to even the idea of closure.

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 12:07:47 AM »
I have been on Diglis.com today to try and see the results of your survey but cannot see them.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »
Cllr. Denham

The button to click is top left of this page called 'view votes'. it's between Total Members Voted: and the
'Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down'

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
thanks.  You have to vote to see the answer.  I am therefore the 'don't know' vote so I could see the result without affecting the outcome!

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
The Worcester City Council budget for 14/15, developed by the Labour administration, was finally voted through with the support of two Lib Dem Councillors in the early hours of this morning.  There is no longer any saving line relating to Saturday skips.  As part of the debate, Councillor Riaz thanked Cabinet for listening to Diglis residents and finding the funds to keep this service.

Please can the administrator alter the banner headline on the webpage?  The monthly Saturday skip is not about to be closed.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 11:21:54 AM »
Excellent and sensible news!  :)

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
Great news  :)

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
Am so pleased to see that the skip was well used again this morning.There are so many locals who walk to the skip,with wheelbarrows,prams and one woman had bin bags hanging from her bicycle.The blokes from the council are always cheerful and helpful.
I can't begin to imagine how those without vehicles would manage if we had lost this facility,so thanks to all who campaigned for it :)