Author Topic: Designation of land as a QEII field will prevent any change of use in perpetuity  (Read 4267 times)

christopher

• Regular poster
Copy of reply sent to Mr Sutton:

Dear Mr. Sutton

Thank you very much for your reply, it is appreciated. I'd like to say that it reassures me, but unfortunately it doesn't.

I believe that the majority of residents in Diglis would want exactly that, "a covenant on the land that would require it's use as a playing field in perpetuity". We need and use our green spaces as does the city generally. We are looking for definite answers without ambiguity.

Have you or would you consider a meeting with the local residents of the area?

Perhaps you would also like to visit our website sometime?

www.diglis.com

Yours faithfully,

Claire E

• Regular poster
Finally received a reply from Mr Sutton today, exactly the same message as he sent to Christopher.

christopher

• Regular poster
Copy of e-mail received from David Sutton today:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

There are no proposals to build apartments or indeed any other development on the playing fields.

No representations were received regarding this site as part of the consultation on the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP). The current ?preferred option? for this land is as green network, and no change is proposed within the schedule of changes which will be released for consultation on 6th August.

Further information on the SWDP is available at http://www.swdevelopmentplan.org/.

There have been no enquiries regarding planning permission for any development of the playing fields.

I have visited your website as suggested in your previous email and I wish you well with what appears to be a valuable community resource. Please feel free to publish this email on the website to clarify the position.

Yours sincerely,
David Sutton

Service Manager ? Cleaner and Greener City
Worcester City Council
email:  david.sutton@worcester.gov.uk
telephone: 01905 722302
mobile: 07584 525557
address: Orchard House, Farrier Street, Worcester WR1 3BB

tomindiglis

That settles that then. No need to protest, no need for votes or polls or petitioning. Until a planning application is submitted (which we all have the opportunity to oppose) there is no need to worry.

Admin

• Administrator
That settles that then.

On the face of it tom it does seem to be settled. If, in the future, the Worcester City Council do decide to build on the playing fields some sort of objection/protest can be organised using this site.

Thanks for joining by the way, hope you post on a regular basis.  :D

Kreed

• Regular poster
All done and dusted now: information from the Worcester Evening News:

EIGHT parks and green spaces across Worcester have been given special protected status to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Campaigners are celebrating after the sites were named among those being granted special recognition under the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge.

Power Park in St Peter?s; Cherry Orchard nature reserve; Cromwell Crescent Park; Warndon Park, off Shap Drive and Northwick Lido are among those now protected from development.

Offerton Lane nature reserve, Oldbury Road playing fields and Weyburn Close greenery were also successful bidders.

At least the Cherry Orchard nature reserve received the status, apparently there's going to be a plaque planted there.  ;)