Author Topic: Positive replies only please in support of the Diglis Community Centre.  (Read 7941 times)

Sam

• Regular poster
Re: Positive replies only please in support of the Diglis Community Centre.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »
Thanks KeithM,

I didn't get the paper that day, I'll ask my neighbour for his old copy.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
The article has been published in the Berrows Worcester Journal today.

Some questions arise from the response by Taylor Wimpey though. They haven't mentioned how it will be marketed if the estate agency aren't responding to requests for rental etc..

Good work getting this published KeithM. What do you think the next step should be?

KeithM

• Regular poster
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
Unfortunately at the moment it seems like only a handful of people actually want the centre and only half of them are prepared to actually work towards getting it opened, so the first priority now is to get a public meeting organised and publicised so that every person in a five mile radius knows about it! Then form a community centre commitee to start applying pressure in the right places! Also this must be kept in the news, the first idea is the statement from WN 2006 (see earlier post) which states lots of promised things for the area, but none materialised (except health club) we must get them held to account!

willandy

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 10:41:09 AM »
I would like to use the centre. I am planning on delivrring group fitness 'boot camp style'. Who should I talk to ref using the facility?

KeithM

• Regular poster
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
Hi willandy, At present the community centre is still a storage depot for the builders! However Adam and myself are trying to get a group together in order to get it opened, we will shortly be doing a door to door survey created by Adam that I am very hopeful about, and again we are looking to a public meeting in the near future to help, if you would like to PM me a contact then I will guarantee that you will be invited!

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
As a result of reading the Worcester News article, I have been contacted by a lady running a small local charity who might be interested in being involved in a community centre.  She has contacted the estate agents but they did not reply to her.

KeithM

• Regular poster
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 06:40:50 AM »
Hi Cllr, If you could PM me some contact details, I will definately contact her, We need all the support we can get, Thank you very much.

MsBoo

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »
Hi all,
I really want to support this campaign, I live in Cherry Orchard and have been looking forward to having a community centre open. I run after school drama clubs and would love to have one there, I'd also like my son to access any youth provision there when he's older.
Please keep me informed.
Beth Walsh

KeithM

• Regular poster
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
Hi Beth, thank you for your post, at present Adam and I are gettingf a door to door questionaire and a public meeting sorted, If you could attend that it would be great to meet you! Will advise on here as soon as the date time and venue are sorted.