Author Topic: Fatal error  (Read 4668 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Fatal error
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:06:34 PM »
The Diglis.com site suffered another fatal error today. A back up of the data base has been uploaded, unfortunately the update was from January 23, 2013, six days ago. All of the more recent updates were corrupted.

Cll Denham had posted about a solution to the tarmacking of the grass verge. That post, and the replies have been lost. I'll keep searching for the core problem which is making the forum suffer these errors. (late night for me then!  ::) )

christopher

• Regular poster
Re: Fatal error
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
Whenever I log in I get an "Internal Server Error" message? It's no big deal, but I have to always try again.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
There is a corrupted file in the CSS, possibly one in the sql database also. How this came about is still a mystery.

I've made it a priority to take a backup of the database everyday, but until I can sort out a cron job to do this task I have to do it manually. Yesterday was unfortunate because I'd downloaded the back up before you posted.

I also get the "Internal Server Error" message and have to reload and re-type my password before I'm allowed in. I'm working on both these problems with a view to restoring the database to the original by 'transferring member name and messages' to another table on to another database, using the original Curve Theme.

If anyone is proficient in MySQL and would be willing to offer advice I'd be very grateful. 

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »

???

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
Ditto ???

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
Whenever I log in I get an "Internal Server Error" message? It's no big deal, but I have to always try again.

Has this error occurred since you last posted christoper?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
Just logged-in with no problems

8)

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32:27 PM »
I've been getting an error message the last couple of days saying the page doesn't exist! Got back here in the end by re-typing the address instead of clicking on history.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
Are you running microsoft internet explorer 6, 7, or 9 as your web browser Claire?

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
Latest version of Firefox. Instead of diglis.com/index the address bar now reads diglis.com/dir001. The site is also running very slowly.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
I've been getting an error message the last couple of days saying the page doesn't exist! Got back here in the end by re-typing the address instead of clicking on history.
I've been doing some maintenance work on the site which meant the site was down for a few hours each for two days Claire.

I've now managed to rebuild the site from the bottom up. To do this I've put the site in a new dir, instead of in the root, at the same time I placed a redirect page pointing to the new directory so it should work by typing in google (or any other browser) 'diglis.com'. I've tested this on chrome and IE 9, all seems to be working ok now. I don't know if Firefox has a problem with the site rendering properly, how is it now?

Last night and today my web connection has been very slow, not only on diglis.com but also with google, bbc, and other sites. I tried the obvious culprits; re booted my router, cleared the cache on the browser and checked for bugs. It all started working once more after a short while. I'm guessing that it was a fault on the Worcester main exchange. I'll keep an eye on it though and thanks for pointing that out.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
Just logged-in with no problems

8)

Thats one error fixed then! I'm about to update my test site then I'll be able to check for any more errors. There shouldn't be any though because I have used a fresh installation and populated it with the most recent back up.

Fingers crossed!

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
Running at usual speed now, thanks for all your hard work.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:33 AM »
Thanks Claire, I'm cautiously optimistic most if not all errors have been fixed.  :)