Author Topic: Old Bretheren's Church.  (Read 2227 times)

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
Old Bretheren's Church.
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
I see the front has gone already. I think there was an asbestos removing team in a few days ago.

Anybody know what's going up there? I seem to recall somebody said something about 14 units ( houses). Is that still on?

jaybee

• Regular poster
Re: Old Bretheren's Church.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 09:11:14 AM »
As far as I'm aware,it was sold with pp for flats,sorry apartments.I thought 17,but it might be right at 14.I saw an enormous lorry backing in there the other day loaded with building stuff.It was quite a task,and held up the traffic at the lights for a while,but he did it eventually.The entrance/exit is right by the lights and I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing in the long term,but I expect there will be a few hold ups whilst building work is being done.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
Jaybee, I think you're right. I met a couple who live next door but one and they said
"17 dwellings, consisting of 9 apartments, 7 houses and 1 bungalow". I tried to find the planning application but the planning dept.'s website defeated me. 

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
I think the planning department  website is purposely designed for that Eco Warrior. I've given up trying to fathom it out a long time ago!

Cllr. Denham is the planning department's wizard when it comes to finding her way about. She used to pop in here regularly.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »
And then it was gone!

Just a rather sad pile of rubble. No doubt the replacement development will be an architectural wonder, the envy of the whole county. Or perhaps not!

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
Whatever is built there,it must surely be better than the sterile 60's 70's style building they've just demolished.I always thought it an eyesore.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
I tend to agree. I never liked the unwelcoming fence and gates, invariably shut and locked when the building wasn't being used. I also hope the big fir trees surrounding the site get the chop, they're very forbidding in my opinion.

I guess the structure already going up will be the show house, can't wait to have a nose! Sorry, I mean show a neighbourly interest.

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »
I have been busy recovering from elections and a holiday, so I have not kept up with recent postings.  Sorry!  In order to protect my reputation as a 'planning department wizard' I have now had a look at the details for the 'Christian Meeting Room' site on the City Council website.

Application P09D0341 was given permission on 4.11.2009 for 17 dwellings - a mixture of houses and flats.  The decision notice sets a time limit for building to start and requires prior approval of the details of the scheme e.g materials and landscaping etc.  By the way, no trees can be felled on site without permission and there is the possibility of archaeological investigation of a Roman road.

There is a later application P11D0468, granted on 11.11.2011, which amends the earlier permission with regard to road access onto the site.  There has been nothing since.  I will check with planning officers about the expiry of the original permission and let them know that there is now some activity on site.

By the way, the City Council have recently upgraded their website, to make it more 'user friendly'.  I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a look at the new version.  At the least, I hope you like the colour scheme, because I helped choose that!!

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »
Hi Lynn,

Welcome back!

Thanks for supplying the reference no. Which makes life easier.

I see that the decision notice says that before the construction of any dwellings starts the construction of vehicular access shall be carried out.

Well construction of dwellings has started and the construction of vehicular access hasn't!

EW

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »
PS

just looked at the original application and see the vehicular access is part way up Greenway Drive, not Diglis Lane.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
Welcome back Cllr. Denham. Hope you had a good holiday and a suitable rest from all the electioneering.

I've checked out the new revamped Worcester City Councils website and give the colour scheme top marks.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Colours are good but content, ease of use and info retrieval are what matters and time will tell.
What I would like in the search facility is an indication of which are compulsory fields and which are not.
EW

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
I have now had a brief chat with City Council Officers regarding this site.  There has been recent dialogue between the developer and the planning department and the demolition of the old building is sufficient to demonstrate the beginning of works within the deadline for the original application. 

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »
So why are they allowed to start construction before making the new vehicular access? Or have I read it wrongly?
EW

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:04 PM »
I have had the formal reply from the City Council Planning Dept now.  They have said

With regard to the works undertaken to implement the permission these comprise the breaking out of a section of the concrete hard surface in the western corner of the site to facilitate the formation of the site access comprised in the authorised development

this is in line with the planning permissions but they will be visiting the site to monitor development to ensure it is progressing in accordance with the approved plans.