Author Topic: "Friends of" status for Diglis Playing Fields  (Read 4351 times)

jaybee

• Regular poster
Re: "Friends of" status for Diglis Playing Fields
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
Count me in too Christopher.That's six so far.Anyone else out there? :)

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
I thought our Constitution may look like this?

Diglis Fields Friends Group

Aims & Objectives

• If applicable, to work with a wide variety of voluntary and statutory organizations, including Worcester City Council and the Duckworth Trust. To improve, promote and enhance the environment in and around Diglis Fields

• Where necessary, to identify projects and work on Diglis Fields which are of benefit to the community, but which cannot be undertaken by other organisations such as Worcester City Council and/or Duckworth Worcestershire Trust.

• To provide a team of voluntary workers if needed, undertaking a wide variety of practical tasks within Diglis Fields where appropriate.

Membership

Membership of the Group is open to anyone with an interest in the maintenance and future use of Diglis Fields as a recreational space for the area.

Committee members
To be finalised

Meetings

If applicable, the Group can either choose to have meetings in person or via the Diglis.com community website. 

Termination of Group

The Group may be closed by majority vote at any time.

What do you think?

:-\

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »
That looks great Christopher. As you said in your earlier post, if 4 committee members are enough we're happy to give it a shot and see how it goes. What would be the next step?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »
Hello Claire.

I think the next step is to recruit members via a poll/separate discusssion forum?

I will also e-mail a copy of this constitution to Cllr. Roger Knight and The Duckworth Trust once the Committee members names are known.

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Hi Christopher, that sounds like a good plan. Do you need our names then? Perhaps the administrator could go ahead with setting up a locked section of this website to use? We're away for a couple of days now but will check for updates when we get back.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
I think the plan is a good one too Claire.I've never been on a commitee before,but if it helps keep Diglis playing fields in one piece then I'll give it a go. :)

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »
I suppose our names will be known anyhow if they are on the constitution? But maybe for now a locked section for Committee details could be a good idea?

Administrator - do you agree?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
I agree Christopher:

It's now up and running.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 06:41:30 PM »
I notice today that happily our community website now has 50 members. Should I assume that we are all "friends" of Diglis Fields?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
The way this forum is set up is that if any guests want to read more posts than three in one sitting, they are then encouraged to register. A few of the members of the Diglis community site register in order to read all posts and keep up to date. Not everyone posts.

I don't think we can assume all registered members would consider themselves as being part of the "Friends of Diglis Fields group" Christopher.

But nice try...  ;)

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Well...if the "Poll"is correct we only have 5 members?

???

Cllr Jabba Riaz

• Regular poster
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »
Reading the posts here, it's clear things are moving quickly in forming a friends group and there is no one better than Roger Knight to get on board for this cause. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help