Author Topic: Removed post  (Read 4041 times)

jerry

Removed post
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »
Post removed because it breaks the rule on advertising which we all signed up to when we registered.

Any business that wants to advertise their product or service must pay for an advertisement slot. Any advertising without paying for the slot for advertising their product or service will be removed without prior notice.

Claire E

• Regular poster
Re: Removed post
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
Does this refer to my post Jerry? If so, I'm a little confused because the event is intended to be for the benefit of the community and the charge is merely to cover costs. By all means remove the reference to the business of the person who is leading the event if you wish, I did not mention it to plug his business but to demonstrate that the event was being guided by someone who knew their stuff.

jerry

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
The person who runs the business benefits from the event to the tune of ?75 and that business gets, in effect, free advertising. There is no benefit to the community.

If you feel that I have acted above my remit then please refer this to the Admin.
jerry

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
Hi Jerry, I don't think you've acted above your remit but I do disagree with your decision. The benefit to the community is in getting together to learn about our surroundings, and the small charge covers a hand out plus 90 minutes of his time and knowledge. Happy to let Admin be the judge.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »
I was told today that the herb walk was yesterday. If these posts refer to that then well done Jerry, I did not know about it because you didn't advertise it. I didn't see any posters around the fields either unfortunately.  :(

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:32:51 AM »
Is the Church Zumba class post to be removed too? After all it's advertising and someone is going to benefit from the ?4 per session.  ::)

jerry

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
As you know christopher the church is not a business but an institution and therefore all profits go to repairing the roof and the structure of the building.

Are you just going to post on Diglis.com to cause trouble and make more work for me, having to split the off  topic postings you do?

Perhaps you could be more useful by getting involved with the community website in a positive way?

susan

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
This christopher person seems intent on causing as many problems as possible, he probably yearns for attention. >:(

Sam

• Regular poster
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
This person is an absolute nuisance as far as I can see. Should he be banned?  :-\

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »
Christopher does more than most to help the community - most recently, cleaning the paint off the information board and repairing the Friends of Diglis Fields banner, as anyone who reads this website regularly should know.

Christopher has a valid point IMHO. Has anybody checked whether the Zumba class is being held by a member of the congregation for the benefit of the church, in which case fine of course, or if the hall is being hired by a gym instructor?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:49:29 AM »
It's a shame that giving an opinion nowadays causes offence so readilly. BTW, I have regularly attended the litter picks, ranger events and helped put the first new bench in. So I have tried to do my bit in the area,  I believe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

jerry

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
Has anybody checked whether the Zumba class is being held by a member of the congregation for the benefit of the church, in which case fine of course, or if the hall is being hired by a gym instructor?

Claire E, I doubled checked if the church was hiring the hall out to help with it's upkeep. I received the following reply:

The hall is hired out to various folk including private parties and is our main source of income otherwise the church would be closed because the congregation is much reduced.

Regards
Jan

I think it's a low blow on your behalf to try and justify what you were attempting to do and use the Church as a precedent. I now hope that this matter can be put behind us all and you can get on with what the Friends of Diglis Fields set themselves up to do.

jerry

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »
I am not prepared to play the game of semantics. Claire E so I have removed your last post and now this topic is locked. I now hope we can move on.