Author Topic: Getting Involved  (Read 1342 times)

Westhamoldguy

Getting Involved
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »
Hi All, I moved to the Diglis area a couple of years ago and absolutely love it, what with the river, canal, fields, nature area etc. But how do I get more involved in the community? Any replies would be welcome.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Getting Involved
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Hi Westhamoldguy

There is a new group hoping to set up a Cherry Orchard Nature Reserve Group, an area that has not been given much attention and is in need of volunteers.

Thanks for the quick response, that's Great and I'll wait to hear back.

With regards forming a Friends I think we would have to give it more careful consideration. We are all busy people and probably wouldn't have too much time to commit but it's something we'd all be willing to support. Maybe I can have more conversations with my friends who live in the area and more conversations with you guys and the rangers to see what we can do between us.

Thanks again. Leisa

One particular area would be the withy beds, part of the CONR, there is still a problem with raw sewage being discharged into it and the environment agency seem to have given up on it. If you would like tackle that problem it would be a great help. I don't mean clean it yourself but badger the EA and post on progress here.

Other than that there is the River and  Canal Trust who have a volunteer group.

There's lots you can do for the Community just by posting here about the general situation and things going on a regular basis would be good also.

Thanks for joining diglis.com and for posting.

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
Re: Getting Involved
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »
Hi Westhamoldguy,

I am glad that you are enjoying life in Diglis.  Admin has made some useful suggestions.  The next meeting of the Worcester Canal Group is Tuesday 1st April, 7pm at The Cavalier Tavern in Barbourne.  I am sure they would be very happy for any enthusiastic volunteers to join them.

If the suggested groups don't match with your interests, please feel free to contact me and we can have a chat about other community activities that go on within Cathedral Ward.

best wishes
Lynn

01905 354181
07828 971146
lynn.denham@worcester.gov.uk