Author Topic: Email sent to Heather Wildlife Ranger  (Read 1254 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Email sent to Heather Wildlife Ranger
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »
Hi Heather

There's been a post on Diglis.com regarding flood debris in the Cherry Orchard Nature Reserve, are you aware of this problem?

As you will see LeisaLuna has posted 'I have a small group of willing friends up for helping, just need resources'.

Is it possible that either an event can be arranged or will the Wildlife Rangers take on the task themselves?

Seems a shame not to use a new group who are willing to help in the Withybeds. I have asked if they would take on the tasks of flora and fauna surveys, they are busy people but like the butterfly survey it would only entail an hour or so a week for seven months a year (?).

What are your thoughts?

I was with some friends filming in the nature reserve today and noticed that there is a lot of debris left over from the flood. Are there any plans you do a clear up. I have a small group of willing friends up for helping, just need resources. It's mainly plastic bottles from what I saw.

Thanks for letting me know

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Re: Email sent to Heather Wildlife Ranger
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
Hi Admin, I've replied on the original thread, and copied it in a reply to your email! Thanks for letting us know about the potential group of helpers! :)

regards,

Heather Bainbridge
Assistant Ranger, Worcester City Council