Author Topic: Unveiling of QEII plaque - December 8th  (Read 5162 times)

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Unveiling of QEII plaque - December 8th
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
Hello all,

We are pleased to announce that we have received our replacement plaques from Fields in Trust and are now able to put them out on site!

Therefore during the next practical volunteer day with the Friends of Diglis Fields on 8th December, we would like invite you to join us for a photo opportunity to celebrate the dedication of the site as a Queen Elizabeth II Field in Trust.

The unveiling of the plaque announcing the Queen Elizabeth II status will take place at 12:30 on Sunday 8th December, adjacent to the model railway on Waverley Street.

We look forward to seeing you there,

The Ranger Team,
Worcester City Council

christopher

• Regular poster
Re: Unveiling of QEII plaque - December 8th
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Excellent news, looking forward to it!  :)

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
Great stuff.The 12.30 ceremony will coincide with the Friends of Diglis Fields first bench installation on the playing fields near the Sustrans path.

The Rangers will be there at 10.00am to organise the planting of  trees donated by St Peters Garden Centre and Homebase on Cherry Orchard LNR and the Diglis Fields. The bench, donated by Postcode Anywhere, will be installed on Diglis Fields also, so all help will be appreciated.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Rangers Trev and Heather put the plaque in place today,ready for the opening at 12.30 on Sunday December 8th.Please come to the train field in Waverley St to support the event.

Cherry Orchard nature reserve is now there in perpetuity and can never be used for any other purpose.
The Rangers have created and maintained this reserve for the last ten years and I feel they deserve a huge vote of thanks for all the work they have done.

If you come at 10.00 am wearing sturdy boots,you might even want to join in,installing the new bench on the playing fields donated by Postcode Anywhere,or planting donated fruit trees on the reserve.All welcome,young or old :)

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:20:55 PM »
Thanks to the Worcester City Council Wildlife Rangers for their dedication helping make this part of Diglis into a wonderful nature reserve.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:43:58 PM »
Between Friday lunchtime,when the new plaque was installed and Sunday night,someone fly tipped a load of bricks etc behind the installation.(See photos).

If you saw who did it,please contact the police who are dealing with it.
Will post here about any developments.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »
I am obviously disappointed but sadly not surprised. Judging by the number of bricks I don't think they have come from very far away?

susan

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:28:06 PM »
Looks like this is a vindictive act by a person / persons who have a grudge against the Friends of Diglis Fields!

Now I wonder what group would have a grudge? Answers on a post card please!  >:(

janice

• Regular poster
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »
I'm appalled, this is obviously the [xxxxxxxxxxx's] doing. They should all be banned from playing on Diglis fields and the [xxxx xxxx] removed.

We have had enough of these foul mouthed idiots spoiling Sunday mornings for the majority with their foul language and disrespect!

I've censored part of your post janice. We have to know for sure who did this. We can only speculate who are the perpetrators. jerry

jerry

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
It seems obvious to me who dumped this rubble. Putting it where it was I feel they were making a statement, why not just dump it in the long grass to the left of the rails where it would be hidden or take it further into the Cherry Orchard Nature Reserve.

They choose not to hide it but to put it on show; as a warning perhaps? Who knows? There is a very good possibility, I hear, that they will be caught.

Whoever did is are just morons. >:(

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
Hello all,

We have now traced the source of the bricks, and please be assured it was not a vindictive act or deliberate flytipping, just a perhaps ill-chosen temporary storage place until they can be removed on Wednesday. As long as they are removed from site as promised, we are satisfied with that outcome.

regards,

Heather Bainbridge
Assistant Ranger
Worcester City Council

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
 :-X ??

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »
All is now well, the "Brick fairy" has made a pre-Christmas collection!

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Plaque unveiling photos on Friends board.Local press later this week.

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
In the Worcester News today    :)