Author Topic: Possible dates for volunteer events  (Read 1333 times)

Claire E

• Regular poster
Possible dates for volunteer events
« on: November 03, 2013, 09:31:04 PM »
Hi everyone. The wildlife rangers would like to organise some volunteer events on the nature reserve and have asked if we can check what dates would suit.

They are suggesting Sunday the 8th December for a general maintenance day, including maintaining some steps, and cutting back vegetation

And either: Sunday 12th January or Sunday 26th January for the regular ?scrub Bash? event with bonfire.

Both events would run from 10am to 1pm. If Sundays are not suitable they could be held on the Saturday of each weekend instead.

Please could anyone who is interested in helping please let me know if those dates are OK? And are there any suggestions for other tasks that volunteers could do on the nature reserve?

These events are always good fun so please do support them if you can. Thank you.

jaybee

• Regular poster
Re: Possible dates for volunteer events
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
Sainsburys Homebase have donated a Morello Cherry Tree for the reserve,so perhaps it could be planted on 8th December during the general tidy up.I'm ok for all dates,but would prefer 12th Jan for the bash,as would another committee member who can't make the 26th.

We've also asked for a donation of native fruit trees from St Peters Garden Centre,so there might be more trees to plant.Warwick Neale of Cleaner and Greener said he would like to add more fruit trees to the reserve,recreating the Cherry Orchard!

Either a Saturday or Sunday is ok with me,but I've noticed over the years,we always seem to get more volunteers on a Sunday.

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Re: Possible dates for volunteer events
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
Hi,

Yes it sounds like we could plant the cherry tree on the 8th December, and perhaps put in the bench?

I think we will go with the 8th December and the 12th January then - unfortunately I have to make a decision today to be able to get it advertised on our website!

All the best,

Heather

Assistant Ranger