Author Topic: Bag that poo  (Read 4202 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Bag that poo
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:14:37 PM »

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
Re: Bag that poo
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »
Sorry admin but I don't understand your point.

I suspect that most readership this site are pretty diligent poo scoopers and don't rely on the poo fairy. In fact considering the amount of dog walking that takes place on Diglis Field the amount of dog poo left unscooped is pretty minimal, in my view.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »
I agree that the majority of dog owners clear up after their dog's twice daily business, however a small minority don't. The football spokesman, Tim Phillips,  brought the subject up before the Friends of Diglis Fields had a meeting. It's a concern to them because they have to clear up the pitches before they can play a game.

The outcome was that the Friends of Diglis Fields would ask those few irresponsible dog owners to clear up after their dogs and they, in turn, would clear up the their rubbish after a match.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
Fair do's (or should that be Fair Poos?).
It's obvious that we should be seen to be squeaky clean on this subject. I'm sure you'll agree that there's no point in preaching to the converted so can we get some Poo Fairy posters or similar. If you can I'll put them up!

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Fair do's (or should that be Fair Poos?).

...can we get some Poo Fairy posters or similar. If you can I'll put them up!

I've just ordered 20 round stickers they can be placed/stuck on bins and the banners that are on the Diglis Fields fences.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
I am now in possession of these "Poo Fairy" posters which are in fact self adhesive circular stickers. My plan is to stick them onto a semi-rigid plastic backing board which I can then use cable ties or similar to attach them to fences, gates etc.

Any suggestions where I can source for free ten or so plastic mounting boards, they need to be a minimum of 210mm (8 1/4ins) square? Maybe some waste packaging which can be cut down if necessary?
I can collect if not too far.
Thanks

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »
Boston Matthews on Navigation Road are a plastics company, they may have some free off-cuts of suitable plastic or know somewhere that does?

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
Thanks Christopher.

I scrounged some board from Buildbase (many thanks to the helpful guys at Buildbase) and they are now up at the 5 main entrances, JB stuck one on the bin by the path to the nature res. and I did the others earlier today.

I'll try and keep an eye on them as winter progresses and replace as necessary but do feel free to prompt me if you (or anyone else) feel the need.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »
Thank you for doing that EW, it's very much appreciated. I haven't seen your efforts but sounds good and in time for this weekends sport also.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
They all look good to me :) Is there any chance you could put one on the fence at the entrance to the train field in Waverley St immediately in front of the interpretation board? There are certain people who use that entrance who seem to think the poo rule doesn't apply to them! Ta.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »
I'll get that sorted but it may be Saturday morning before it goes up.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
Up now. A bit amateurish I'm afraid as it's got writing on the back but I think the message comes across loud and clear as there are now plenty of "purple circles" about however some people still haven't quite got it as there was a huge pile of poo just a couple of metres in from the Berwick St. Entrance that would need an army of fairies to clear up, hope one of them can drive a JCB!

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 09:21:53 AM »
Oh gawd,the footballers won't like that one bit,but apart from following dog walkers around with a shovel or(JCB) I don't see what we can doo doo immediately.

One idea my spouse had was to dress up as a fairy(him,not me) and go round squirting bio degradable orange paint to highlight the poos.This could be highly entertaining.This paint is being used by some communities to embarrass culprits,but the type of person who allows their dog to poo on the fields isn't  community minded anyway and will ignore the glowing tumps(they show up in the dark)

Thanks for putting the poster up....at least the footballers can see we're trying.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
Here's a product that may be of interest to dog owners/walkers. Click on the link below

The Dicky Bag
                  The Civilised Way to Carry Dog Poop

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
It seems the problem isn't just confined to the fields. I've just had to go and hose down the pavement to get rid of the leavings of a large dog, or possibly a small pony judging by what it left behind  >:(