Author Topic: Invitation to QEII unveiling and Volunteer activity 7th July  (Read 1988 times)

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Dear all,

I am writing to you as a supporters and advocates of Cherry Orchard Local Nature Reserve and Diglis Playing Fields.  We would like you to join us for a photo opportunity to celebrate the dedication of Cherry Orchard LNR as a Queen Elizabeth II Field in Trust, which will give the Reserve protection from development in the future and highlight the importance of this green space to everyone in the local area. This year also marks the 10th anniversary of the official designation of Cherry Orchard as a Local Nature Reserve, so it is a double celebration!

The unveiling of the plaque announcing the Queen Elizabeth II status will take place at 12:30 on Sunday 7th July, adjacent to the model railway on Waverley Street.

This coincides with the volunteer activity on the Reserve supported by the Friends of Diglis Fields.  This will include installing the plaque and an interpretation board near the railway, and installing some steps towards the southern end of the reserve. The volunteer event will start at 10am.

If you would like further information about this event or the reserve, please let me know, or visit http://www.worcester.gov.uk/index.php?id=2372

These events are open to everyone, so if you know of anyone else who would like to be a part of this celebration please let them know!

Thank you

Heather Bainbridge

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Re: Invitation to QEII unveiling and Volunteer activity 7th July
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Hello all,

I am really, really sorry, but unfortunately Fields In Trust have issued a product recall on the QEII plaques and so we will have to cancel the unveiling part of our event on the 7th July!
They were apparently tarnishing really quickly.

We will carry on with the rest of the volunteer event, so we can put in the steps and interpretation panel, so I hope we will still see some of you there.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and let you know about a future date as soon as we have the new plaques.

regards,

Heather Bainbridge
Assistant Ranger

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
Volunteer activity 7th July
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »
Just a reminder that the Volunteer event on the Nature Reserve is happening this Sunday!

We'll meet by the model railway at 10am.

Let us know you are coming by booking online at www.worcester.gov.uk/parks so we can bring enough tools and mugs!

see you soon,

Heather

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »
Niki will be coming along. Can't book online though as there appears to be a problem with the "secret code"
letters?

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:08:51 AM »
Thanks Christopher, I'll check the online booking form!

People can let us know on here too, if there's still a problem with it.

Heather

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
I've just had a few tries of the booking form and had no problems, and I've had a booking from it.

If you get the code wrong (some of them are difficult to tell if it's a capital or not) it should give you an error screen, but you can just click "back" on your browser and it give you a new code to try, without having to re-type everything else.

Of course I'm trying it from "in house" so perhaps it's doing different things in other browsers?

Heather

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
I couldn't book either Heather. Tried clicking back but it was the same code each time.

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
Thanks Claire, I'll get our web guy to have a look at it!

What browser(s) are you using? eg Internet explorer, firefox, chrome... It might make a difference.

Heather

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
I'm using Firefox

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 05:17:06 PM »
Google.