Author Topic: Footballers rubbish  (Read 11233 times)

christopher

• Regular poster
Re: Footballers rubbish
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »
E-mail just received from Cllr. Matthew Lamb (Cleaner & Greener Cabinet Member):

Dear Chris,

Thanks for this. I know that an email/letter has gone out already today reminding those who use the football pitches of their responsibility regarding cleaning up their rubbish.

Yours,
Matt

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »
Just checked the football pitches after this mornings matches and am pleased to report no rubbish left behind.

We will be checking the pitches each week in order to keep the fields free of litter.

Thanks to all who have dealt with this so promptly this season.Hope we don't have to contact you again!

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
Checked the football pitches,and am pleased to report no litter left behind after Sunday's matches :)

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »
Just checked the football pitches.Pitches one and two,nearest to the railway were both clear of rubbish.Someone on pitch one had accidentally dropped an Adidas football boot as they left pitch one,so I put it on the green box by the closed down playground in case a dog decided to give it a good chewing!

Unfortunately,pitch 3,nearest Diglis Basin had rubbish left on the sidelines...photos to be put on here shortly.The football teams were wearing orangey yellow shirts,and from what I could see of the other team,blue shirts.Both teams had dark shorts.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
I collected the football rubbish and put it in the bin.Any chance of an email being sent to inform Tim Phillips and the council that rubbish was left on pitch 3? The players will probably find themselves banned,but they only have themselves to blame.

[hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6593.jpg[/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6594.jpg[/hs]

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
Tim Phillips and Worcestershire Hub now emailed. What happened to my earlier post?

TTFN

Your earlier post was moved to another topic because it was going off this topic. This topic is for footballers rubbish. Admin.
Garden waste left in my black bin bag

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »
Reply now received from Tim Phillips. Apparently Worcester League were only allocated pitches 1 and 2, so who was on 3 and left the litter - who knows??  :-\

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
Anyone out there know who this team were? They had orangey yellow shirts,and blue shirts.Please post here if you know.

On pitch one,there was not an actual match,but some sort of selection process going on,so perhaps the men I saw at that pitch,who appeared to be choosing players,might know who the team on pitch 3 was?

Tim Phillips would certainly know who booked pitches one and two wouldn't he?

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »
No reply thus far from Tim Phillips? My theory is,that one of the teams booked onto pitches one and two were moved along to pitch 3,to allow trials to go ahead on pitch one,so one of the teams is guilty of leaving rubbish  >:(

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »
Have emailed the Hub re the rubbish and await their reply.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Still awaiting a reply re last Sundays rubbish left on pitch 3 (29th Sept),altho' I understand it is in the process of beong dealt with.

Found rubbish on pitch 3 again today Sunday 6th.Photos taken of some of the rubbish,and the teams who played on pitch 3.....one team in dayglo orange and one team in royal blue and white.

Both one and two pitches were clear of rubbish.

[hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6600.jpg[/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/ffe3db8d-5e41-4d76-9989-2cc5136df08c.jpg[/hs]

Contacting council tomorrow.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
Rubbish was left arround pitch one,two and three; found enough to fill a carrier bag from all three pitches.

Unless the council get back to me with something positive about the last two weeks complaintsI feel the local press should be contacted.

They might pay well for playing on there,but local residents pay an awful lot more in council tax and shouldn't have to put up with this mess every week.

Pitch 1 wore maroon top and black shorts and the other team wore all back.

Pitch 2 wore orangey/yellow tops with dark shorts and pale blue tops for the other team.

Pitch 3 wore very bright orange tops,but am awaiting confirmation of their opponents colours.

Does anyone else out there have any comments to make on this ongoing problem?

[hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/20131013_3.jpg[/hs]

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »
Have emailed Tim Phillips. Hopefully he'll get back to me in the next few days?

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
Just to keep a record...re my football postings.The opponents on pitch 3 were wearing red and black striped tops,with black shorts.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
Email received from Tim Phillips today:

Good morning Chris,

My apologies for not coming back to you before today - I've been abroad on holiday.

Naturally I'm extremely disappointed that you and the Diglis residents have had to put up with this litter plague again. I thought we were well on the way to solving this but obviously one or two of the clubs have gone backwards again.

Rest assured that we as a League are taking this seriously and are determined to stamp the problem out. We have a Management Committee meeting this evening and the problem will be on the agenda. Please bare with me and I will come back to you asap with our latest proposals.

Best wishes,
Tim