Author Topic: Footballers rubbish  (Read 11231 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Footballers rubbish
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 06:09:16 PM »
And many thanks from me also Lynn.  :)

jerry

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Brilliant, thank you Cllr. Denham.

susan

• Regular poster
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »
Thank you Cllr. Denham  :)

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »
I wasn't able to get to the field on Sunday to see if the footballers left any rubbish.If anyone did notice rubbish,please post here and we'll deal with it.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Haven't been on the field yet, but it looked ok from the road?

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
Have made a note of what strip the footballers were wearing today,but I can't get down there to check if they left any rubbish.
If you see what is obviously footy rubbish,please post here and it will be dealt with.Thanks.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »
I didn't get onto the field but had a brief look from the road earlier this morning. Apart from one plastic bottle it looked ok?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
Don't think the bins are being emptied until Tuesdays again?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
Collected several bottles and tins today while walking across, also an unused chinese lantern. Saw one last night floating over towards the nature reserve, that could catch fire pretty quickly in the current dry conditions!

???   

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »
I asked about the litter bins and they should still be done on a Monday - are they still full now?

Heather

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
Hi Heather,

Nope not full now as they were emptied Tuesday.

Ta.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »
'Ere we go 'ere we go 'ere we go.Sept 1st,and a load of rubbish left between two pitches.I took photos of the usual rubbish,but we all know what it consists of,so I'll let the council see it via email.When will these footballers realise that us residents won't put up with rubbish being left on Diglis Fields?I'll email,Cleaner and Greener,but it would be  a great help if you could send emails too.Let the council know that the footballers are ignoring the terms they have agreed to,ie. leave the pitches litter free so we can all enjoy the fields.

[hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6549.jpg [/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6548.jpg [/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6547.jpg[/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6546.jpg [/hs][hs width=50 height=50]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/diglis/DSCF6545.jpg[/hs]

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »
Have not had a reply thus far from David Sutton of the council...

Forgot to say that the football players kits were bright orange/black and beige (pitch one nearest the railway) and on pitch 2,a maroony and blue/black and yellow.This helps the Rangers identify the offending teams.

WildlifeRanger

• Regular poster
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
Hello,

I have been informed that the following email was sent to all teams on Wednesday 4th September following the recent complaint received about Diglis Playing Fields on Sunday.

Hi Teams

Disappointingly we have already received complaints from the public regarding teams leaving litter behind after the competition of matches on Sunday 1st September.

Following issues during the 2012/13 season, please be informed that we shall be taking a tougher stance during the 2013/14 season. Clubs playing at sites reported to have been left in a mess following games shall be issued a first and final warning. Further offences by clubs which have been warned will result in the team being excluded from using Worcester City Council pitches for the remainder of the season. The City Council shall recover any and all costs from clubs identified.

Please refer to the Conditions for Hire of Pitches which forms part of the Pitch Hire Agreement that all Club Secretary?s or managers have signed. 

Regards
Football

In addition a stern letter has been sent to each of the 3 teams who had booked pitches that day. This letter also quotes the terms and conditions regarding conduct - "Clubs must ensure that their players and supporters behave in a respectful manner towards othe players, supporters and residents".

Thank you for reporting the incident, please let us know if the problems continue, preferably by emailing the hub at customerservicecentre@worcester.gov.uk

Regards

Heather Bainbridge
Assistant Ranger

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
Thanks for doing that Heather,much appreciated.Let's hope it does the trick.

It's the litter pick on Saturday 14th,so apart from checking the fields as usual this coming Sunday 8th,it will be interesting to see how much rubbish is left on Sunday 15th(if any) after the matches are played.We all love to see the fields being well used,but if I ran about on there throwing rubbish around and using foul language,I'd be arrested,so it should be the same rules for all.

Will contact you if there is a problem.