Author Topic: Childrens playground  (Read 4123 times)

Claire E

• Regular poster
Re: Childrens playground
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:03 PM »
Thanks all, but it definitely wouldn't have happened at all without all the people who turned up at our public meeting and made it clear to the council that they wanted a playground ASAP! Thanks to Cllr Riaz for taking our concerns forward and to David Sutton at Cleaner & Greener for getting the work done.

Claire E

• Regular poster
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »
Just visited the play area again, lovely to see so many children out there using it today  :)

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
I agree it looks brilliant. Glad to hear it's being used. Does anyone know if a perimeter fence to keep kids in and dogs out is planned!

Also what's the saucer shaped object used for?

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »
The saucer shaped object is a roundabout.You plonk the child in it,and whizz it round.It tips and wobbles too...the kids love it.Wouldn't mind a go on it myself....
There are holes drilled in the base so there's no chance of anyone drowning in it.

The new playground might be moved when the 106 money begins to be spent,but there was such an outcry when the old playground was closed,Claire (Friends secretary) began a campaign to have the old playground improved and reopened,or a totally new playground installed.
The city council agreed to install new equipment(which we understand will be reused if and when the new playground is moved).
I'm not sure if the council will put fencing around it until all the plans for the 106 money are in place.I agree it does need fencing,but it was vitally important to have a place for children to play,regardless of if it was fenced or not.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »
Hi JB, thanks for the info. When you do try the saucer can you please make sure photos are uploaded here! :)

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
Definately :)

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
Nice to see it being used yet again today.  :)

gsullivan

• Regular poster
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
Can I just say the new playground is amazing, it's nice to see the park full, unlike when I was little and use to play on the old one! My little sister certainly had fun. What's happening to the old park?