Author Topic: Roadworks  (Read 2283 times)

christopher

• Regular poster
Roadworks
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
I have spotted on some lamp-posts that there are some road repairs due staritng February 25th. I think this involves the closure of part of Berwick Street?

christopher

• Regular poster
Re: Roadworks
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »
I see that Diglis Road is to be resurfaced next week I think? I do hope they do a proper job and tarmac it instead of just chucking a top dressing down.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:17:42 PM »
Good,about time too.I'm so fed up with the unavoidable potholes along there,I take a longer alternative route.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
Sign says" kerbing and footway" so don't hold your breath that the potholes will be fixed. Not that they don't need it!
EW

jerry

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »
I wonder if the s106 monies are being used to finance this work?

Cllr Lynn Denham

• Regular poster
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
I asked the workmen.  The current County Council lot are only doing kerbs and footpath.  After they have finished, they think someone else is supposed to be doing the road.

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
I do hope they are going to sort the drains out in Diglis Lane as the road was flooded again yesterday morning.

jaybee

• Regular poster
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
Doing the footpaths and kerbs is a start.I've had to walk on the road for years as the path has been so broken up and dangerous.I emailed the council several times over the years about the poor condition of the path along Diglis Lane.
I try to avoid Diglis Lane,and now choose to go via the foot/cycle path to the new bridge and along by the river locks;takes longer but it's safer.
When I drive,I avoid Diglis Road because of all the potholes...so let's hope they do that soon too.

I too, sincerely hope the money for this comes out of the highways budget,and not the Section 106 money!!

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »
It's puzzling the number of motorists that ignore the sign at the roundabout only to have to turn around and go back the way they came?

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »
The road works at the bottom of Greenway Drive are, according to the sign, sewer works on behalf of Severn Trent so maybe they will sort out the flooding issue in that area or maybe they are just connecting the new development on the old church site to the sewer system.
Who knows?

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »
So it's Thursday evening, they've dug a hole, put a new "thingy" in all nicely cemented in with new manhole cover and filled in the hole and re surfaced, looks good. But what now? Nothing seems to have happened in the last 24 hrs. What, if anything, is going to happen in the next 6 working days and 2 weekends before it's due to reopen again?

christopher

• Regular poster
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 08:49:09 AM »
To be fair they did have a tea-break yesterday  ;)

There isn't a lot happening with the dug-up verge at the roundabout end of the road either?

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »
Christopher, was all of yesterday a tea break?  ;)

It's all gone just now apart from a few road signs scattered about which I expect will be collected by a different crew sometime soon. The two weeks turned into less than 5 days, good job.

I think it's also a relief to the motorists who fail to understand the phrase "Road Closed"

EW

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 06:43:58 PM »
I understand that part of the road works along Diglis Lane, near the small roundabout, was to install a new BT Openreach fibre optic broadband cabinet.

Warwick Neale explained that this was about to happen,  I suppose a trench will have to be dug to the new apartments and hopefully along Diglis lane and Waverley street.

We will all have the option to be supplied with super fast optic cable broadband. About time too.

Eco Warrior

• Regular poster
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
Don't know about the techy fibre optic stuff but it looks nice. BT (or whoever) have done a good job on how it looks, nicely contoured in and the grass seed they put down is now growing well.